Eng. Khalid Bin Arhama Al-Kuwari, EMBA
Khalid has over 20 years of experience working with successful leaders from the government and private sector. He works behind the scenes with leading organizations, championing its business strategies that create positive results. His personal profile is shaped by strong family values and a commitment to drive innovation in business and the community.
Khalid is armed with an Executive Master’s Degree in Business Administration (EMBA), Major in Global Business Perspective at HEC Paris and accomplished Current & Future Executive Leadership Programme courses at Qatar Leadership Centre (QLC). Before that, he earned his Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Electronics Engineering from Arizona State University.
His exceptional leadership skills and ability to build relationships with leaders in the corporate world made Al Diyar, of which he is Chairman and CEO, a stand-alone success in Qatar's infrastructure sector, starting from humble beginnings and soon diversifying across the industry vertical.
A sports enthusiast, Khalid’s personal passion, and strong leadership skills made Qatar Marine Sports Federation legendary in mechanical watersports; as he reaps sweeping World Championship Titles during his 10 years term. Currently, he embraces the responsibility as appointed Assistant Secretary, Board Member, and Team Manager of Qatar Cycling Federation, pursuing to make Qatar Elite Cycling team to make its own mark in history.
Some of Khalid's personal and career milestones include.
- Qatar Cycling Federation, Assistant Secretary - Board Member & Team Manager – since July 2015
- Malomatia, Board Member – Since May 2015
- Ministry of Finance - Director, Financial Systems & Information - since June 2014
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), Alternate Governing Board Representative – June 2014 to August 2015
- E-Government Steering Committee, Board Member – since June 2014
- Ministry of Finance - Consultant, Minister’s Office - January 2014 to June 2014
- Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Al Diyar Group of Companies, since 1999
- Partner & Managing Director of Kasian Qatar Consulting, Cundall Qatar Consulting, IBE Partnership, Birzeit Management Consulting and official distributor of AutoAdapt.
- Qatar Marine Sports Federation - Board Member & Team Manager, Formula 1 Powerboat – 2004-2015
- Ministry of Finance – Assistant Director, Financial Systems and Information Department – 1999 to 2009
- Qatar Gas – System’s Support Analyst – 1996 to 1998